About the journal
About the journal “Sustainable Agriculture”
The journal “Sustainable Agriculture” is registered in the Press Agency of Uzbekistan on the 12th of February in 2018 (license № 0957).
The founder of the journal is the Ministry of Water Resources of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Tashkent Institute of Irrigation and Agricultural Mechanization Engineers.
International Standard Serial Number (ISSN) is 2181-9408.
The Scientific and Technical Journal “Sustainable Agriculture” is published electronically, in English, every quarter and distributed among subscribers four times a year.
Goals and objectives of the journal
The journal covers and publishes scientific articles of applied and fundamental nature. These articles are about sustainable agriculture development during a period of significant decline in water situation and increase of water sources pollution in anthropogenic climate change in the short and long term.
The journal publishes the results of innovative research on scientific and technical problems of rational management and efficient use of water resources, reliability and safety of hydraulic structures, exploitation of pumps and pumping station, improvement of reclamation state of irrigated lands, increase in productivity of irrigated hectare and cubic meter of irrigation water, preservation and improvement of soil fertility, effective use of collector and drainage waters, etc.
Taking into consideration the conditions of a particular region (the countries of Asia, Europe, America, and Africa), the journal illustrates foremost and innovative developments of the scientific and practical direction on the listed below topics of a scientific and technical journal “Sustainable Agriculture”, including the following:
- Achievement of a high agricultural products’ crop yield in anthropogenic climate change;
- Creation of innovative energy- and resource-saving equipment and technologies for growing, picking and selling of agricultural products;
- Production of non-traditional energy sources;
- The use of modern information technologies and achievements in the area of renewable energy sources;
- Sustainable agricultural land use based on the landscape approach. The aim of that is restoration and preservation of landscape systems, restoration of the areas balance between natural landscapes and cultivated lands.
In the journal “Sustainable Agriculture” there are not published articles that expound individual stages of research, which do not allow us to draw certain conclusions.
Payments are not collected from authors who publish articles.
Here are the next subjects of the Scientific and Technical Journal “Sustainable Agriculture”:
- Agriculture, water management, forestry, and fisheries. Aquaculture;
- Hydraulic and land reclamation engineering. Architecture;
- Mechanics: applied and fundamental. Mechanical engineering. Instrument engineering. Transport;
- Power engineering, electrical engineering, automatics. Computing technology;
- Economy. Economic science. Other branches of the economy;
- Geodesy. Cartography. Geophysics. Geology. Hydrogeology. Hydrology;
- Organization and management;
- Foodstuff industry. Municipal housing economy. Domestic services;
- Labor protection. Environmental protection. Human ecology. Safety of human activity;
- Standardization and metrology;
- Interior trade. Foreign commerce. Tourist and excursion service;
- Higher education. Pedagogy;
- General and complex problems of technical and applied sciences and branches of the national economy;
- Innovative activity (general provisions, the aim, basic concepts, types of innovations and others).
According to the topics of the Scientific and Technical Journal “Sustainable Agriculture”, the authors’ articles sent for publication should cover technical scientific developments in the following branches of science (here are some examples):
- Agricultural sciences: the branches are agronomy, zootechnics, forestry;
- Building: the branches are water supply, sewage, construction systems for water resources protection; building construction, building and constructions, hydraulic and land reclamation engineering;
- Mechanical engineering and science of machines: the branches are the theory of mechanisms and machines, a science of machines and machine parts; machines, apparatus, aggregates and installations of Mechanical engineering; standardization and product quality management; instruments, methods of measurement and control; metrology and metrological support;
- Transport: the branches are wheeled and tracklaying vehicles and their operation;
- Power engineering and electrical engineering: the branches are electrical engineering, electric power station, systems, electrotechnical complexes, and installations; energy installations based on renewable kinds of energy; electrotechnology and electrical equipment in agriculture;
- Technology of mechanization of agricultural production: the branches are agricultural and meliorative machines, mechanization of agricultural, and meliorative works; operation, restoration and repair of agricultural and meliorative equipment;
- Forestry: the branches are forest cultures, selection, seed growing, and urban greening, forest meliorations and protective foresting; forest management and forest assessment, dendrology and forestry, forest fires and their control;
- Economic science: the branches are economics of agriculture, business economics of agriculture, world economy, regional economy of agriculture, marketing and management in agriculture;
- Geographical sciences: the branches are land hydrology, water resources, hydrochemistry; meteorology, climatology, agrometeorology; protection of the environment and rational use of natural resources; geodesy and cartography;
- Architecture: the branches are district planning, town planning, country planning, landscape architecture, architecture of buildings and structures;
- Information technology, management and computer graphics: the branches are system analysis, management and processing of information; theoretical bases of computer science; mathematical and software support of computer systems, complexes and computer networks; methods and systems of information protection, information security; elements and devices of computer machines and management console; math modeling, numerical methods and program complexes; automation and management of technology manufactures; information systems and processes;
- Biological sciences: the branches are biochemistry; biophysics and radiobiology; botany; zoology, physiology and biochemistry of plants; general genetics in agriculture; ecology; biotechnologies;
- Geological and mineralogical sciences: the branches are hydrogeology and engineering geology; geophysics, drilling and wells development technology; technology and technique of geological prospecting;
- Safety of human activity: the branches are labor protection and safety of human activity; safety in emergency situations.
Editorial address: 100000, Tashkent, Kary-Niyazov Street, 39. Tashkent Institute of Irrigation and Agricultural Mechanization Engineers, building “B”, the 230th room, telephone number is (998 71) 237-19-78. E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org